St George, Gloucestershire
St George is a former village that is now an urban area in the east of Bristol, Gloucestershire. It came into industrial prominence as a coal-mining area from the 17th century. St George's Church was consecrated in 1756. The St George area grew from the hamlet of Don Johns Cross and around the church, from which it is named. It became part of the municipal area of Bristol in 1898. It is within the council area of Bristol.
Primary Name(s): St George
Place Type: Urban locality
Historic County: Gloucestershire
Lat, Long: 51.460433,-2.54306
Grid Reference: ST 6236 7363
Council Area: Bristol CA
Strategic Authority Area: West of England SA
Police Area: Avon and Somerset PA
GBPN ID: GBPN41744
GBPN URL: https://gazetteer.org.uk/place/St_George,_Gloucestershire_41744
Wikidata: https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q7593203
Primary Name(s): St George
Place Type: Urban locality
Historic County: Gloucestershire
Lat, Long: 51.460433,-2.54306
Grid Reference: ST 6236 7363
Council Area: Bristol CA
Strategic Authority Area: West of England SA
Police Area: Avon and Somerset PA
GBPN ID: GBPN41744
GBPN URL: https://gazetteer.org.uk/place/St_George,_Gloucestershire_41744
Wikidata: https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q7593203
Menu